Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MARIAH CAREY EYES FEBRUARY 2014 FOR 'THE ART OF LETTING GO'


 After telling her story to the world on Monday through 'The Art of Letting Go', grand diva Mariah Carey is looking at a February release date for the titled-like album.

Details after the jump...

Speaking with resident DJ Angie Martinez on Hot 97, the singer reveals that she's eying the Valentines holiday for the launch.

When asked about a possible date, she shared:

“Album, top of the year. I’m thinking February. Jermaine (Dupri) will be mad at me if I say this. But I like the Valentines Day thing. Especially love songs. People want to hear the break-up songs, the I-hate-you-love-songs, the I-used-to-love-you-and-I-can-get-over-it-no-matter-what-I-do songs (laughs). That’s why”.

Hit or no hit one can't deny the promotional strategies Mariah and her team always put into perspective when launching a project. Known for her heartfelt ballads and her soulfulness, its quite evident Mariah is leaning more towards the adult contemporary lyrics and 'Letting Go' couldn't come at a better time -just in time for the Valentines holiday.

With that said, she now needs to know how best she and her team can launch this album as we've already learned that fellow diva Toni Braxton and Babyface has pushed back their joint 'Love, Marriage & Divorce album to February 2014.

Only time will tell...




No comments:

Post a Comment